1. Synonym of ‘Luxuriant‘
(a) Luxury loving
2. Synonym of ‘Cantankerous‘
3. Synonym of ‘Onus‘
4. Synonym of ‘Derision‘
5. Synonym of ‘Trite‘
6. Synonym of ‘Debacle‘
7. Synonym of ‘Ostracize‘
8. Synonym of ‘Prophylactic‘
9. Synonym of ‘Coddle‘
10. Synonym of ‘Flimsy‘
1. (d) The word Luxuriant (Adjective) means : growing thickly and strongly; rich in something that is pleasant or beautiful; abundant.
2. (c) The word Cantankerous (Adjective) means : bad tempered and always complaining. Hence, the words cantankerous and quarrelsome are synonymous.
3. (c) The word Onus (Noun) means : the responsibility for something.
4. (c) The word Derision (Noun) means : ridicule; mockery; a strong feeling that somebody/something is ridiculous and not worth considering seriously.
5. (a) The word Trite (Adjective) means : dull and boring because it has been expressed so many times before; not original; banal; very ordinary and containing nothing that is interesting or important. Hence, the words trite and commonplace are synonymous.
6. (b) The word Debacle (Noun) means : an event or a situation that is a sudden or complete failure. Hence, the words debacle and downfall are synonymous.
7. (a) The word Ostracize (Verb) means : to refuse to let somebody; a member of a social group: refuse, shun. Hence the words banish and ostracize are synonymous.
8. (c) The word Prophylactic means : course of action used to prevent a disease. Hence, the words prophylactic and preventive are synonymous.
9. (b) The word Coddle (Verb) means: to treat somebody with too much care and attention, pamper, cosset. Hence, the words coddle and satisfy are synonymous.
10. (c) The word Flimsy (Adjective) means : badly made and not strong enough: thin and easily torn.