This practice set is beneficial for candidates who are preparing for TGT English or PGT English upcoming exams for DSSSB, KVS, NVS, HTET, RPSC etc.
1. The debut novel of Mulk Raj Anand, written in 1935, was:
a. Two Leaves and a Bud
d. The Road
2. In ___, William Wordsworth refers to the “glad animal movements of his childhood days”.
a. The Prelude
b. Tintern Abbey
c. Immortality Ode
d. Lucy Gray
3. “By that uxorious King, whose heart through large beguiled by fair idolatresses, fell To idols foul” — in which book are these lines found? And who is the uxorious King?
a. Paradise Lost, Book-I; King Solomon
b. Absalom and Achitophel; King David
c. Paradise Lost, Book-IX; Adam
d. Samson Agonistes; Samson
4. “Neither a borrower nor a lender be; for loan oft loses both itself and friend, and borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry” — whose words are these?
a. Polonius in ‘Hamlet’
b. Macbeth in ‘Macbeth’
c. Rosalind in ‘As You Like It’
d. Cordelia in ‘King Lear’
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the five sections in ‘The Wasteland’?
a. The Fire Sermon
b. The Game of Chess
c. The Joy of Riding
d. The Burial of the Dead
6. Marxists have tried to ___ their ideas into our system.
7. According to the Bible, only one person has been ___.
8. ___ come in many shapes and sizes and are used to keep fish.
9. Many primitive hunting and gathering societies control their ___ desires during the deer hunting season.
10. The Welfare Department functions as a ___ for the government.
11. Choose the correct form of verb that is in agreement with the subject for the given sentence:
These largely treeless isles ___ frequently battered by Atlantic storms, gales and rain.
a. has been
12. Out of the following four options, choose the incorrect sentence.
a. How many food should I order for the lunch of the client being planned for tomorrow?
b. He put on his duffel cap, clutched his trench coat tight and went out into the howling wind.
c. The kidnappers had planned to demand a ransom of Rs. 2 lakhs after two days.
d. Christmas is round the corner and Christians round the world are preparing for the festivities.
13. choose the most appropriate tense that best fills in to complete the given sentence:
She _______a pretty dress to the party.
14. Out of the following four options, choose the incorrect sentence:
a. Our products is more expensive than other products.
b. Our products are less expensive than other products.
c. All the other products are more expensive than ours.
d. We are selling our products cheaper than others.
15. Choose the correct form of adverb for the given sentence:
He speaks English ___.
16. Which of the following is a two-way teaching learning process?
a. Group discussion
b. Audio-visual presentation
c. Computer Assisted Instruction
d. Language laboratory
17. In sensorimotor stage, children are not able to:
a. Display reflexes
b. Have motor coordination
c. Have sensory stimulation
d. Form symbolic relationships
18. Attitudes, values, and interests are reflected by:
a. Structural domain
b. Affective domain
c. Psychomotor domain
d. Cognitive domain
19. Who has put forth the theory of Social Learning?
20. The purpose of conducting an achievement test is for following reasons, except:
a. For writing the objectives
b. For modification of teaching strategies
c. For evaluating pupils progress
d. For motivating pupils through knowledge of results
Answers : 1-b , 2-b, 3-a, 4-a, 5-c, 6-a, 7-a, 8-c, 9-b, 10-d, 11-c, 12-a, 13-d, 14-a, 15-d, 16-d, 17-d, 18-b, 19-b, 20-a