This practice set is beneficial for candidates who are preparing for TGT English or PGT English upcoming exams for DSSSB, KVS, NVS, HTET, RPSC etc.
1. Whose purpose was to choose incidents and situations from common life?
a. William Wordsworth
b. P B Shelley
c. ST Coleridge
d. Joseph Addison
2. Girish Karnad has used folk tales in:
c. Bali, The Sacrifice
3. “The Wasteland expresses poignantly a desperate sense of the poet and the ages lack of positive spiritual faith” — which critic opined about ‘The Wasteland’?
a. R C Crane
b. I A Richards
c. A G Frazer
d. T S Pearce
4. Which poem of Robert Frost can be read as a tragic double entendre?
a. After Apple-Picking
b. Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
c. Home Burial
d. The Road Not Taken
5. “With burnished neck of vendant gold erect amidst his circling spires, that on the grass floated redundant” These lines exalting Milton’s grand style are found in:
a. Paradise Lost, Book-II
b. Paradise Lost, Book-I
c. Paradise Lost, Book-IX
d. Paradise Lost, Book-XII
6. Choose the word that means the same as the given word.
7. Choose the correctly spelt word.
8. Select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/Phrase.
At the eleventh hour
a. someone who gets up early in the morning
b. to appear suddenly without warning
c. something of very high quality
d. at the last possible moment
9. Choose the correctly spelt word.
10. Choose the word that can substitute the given sentence.
One who does not express himself freely
11. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.
Madhubani paintings (is) popular all over India
a. No improvement
12. Rearrange the parts of the sentence in correct order.
P: throwing a log
Q: the poet regrets
R: withdrawing snake
S: of wood at the
13. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.
Never before had we (entering) the Principal’s office.
a. No improvement
14. Rearrange the parts of the sentence in correct order.
P: an innovative
Q: dance choreographer
R: shiamik is
S: and popular
15. Find the part of the given sentence that has an error in it. If there is no error, choose ‘No error’.
A greedy person (1) / is like a man (2) / possessed by the devil (3) / No error (4)
a. is like a man
b. No error
c. possessed by the devil
d. A greedy person
16. Ruhi; an 11-month-old child calls every white liquid object as milk. Which element of the concept development process is shown by Ruhi?
17. Learning is generally considered a lasting change in behavior based on
a. Challenge and reinforcement
b. Challenge and experience
c. Practice and experience
d. Practice and challenge
18. The concept of “inner speech” was introduced in language development by:
19. The ability to apply a given general principle to a particular situation is called
a. Inductive reasoning
b. Exceptional reasoning
c. Deductive reasoning
d. Logical reasoning
20. Piaget developed ______ important stages of cognitive development
Answers : 1-a , 2-a, 3-c, 4-c, 5-c, 6-a, 7-c, 8-d, 9-d, 10-d, 11-b, 12-b, 13-b, 14-c, 15-b, 16-b, 17-a, 18-c, 19-c, 20-c